Kainos works with adult male offenders (aged 18 and over) both within prison and through the gate in the community.
What we do works – 84% of graduates from Challenge to Change do not reoffend within the first year following release.
Our services include:
- Rehabilitation in prison – delivering our NOMS commissioned, CSAAP accredited Challenge to Change programme. We use cognitive behavioural therapy methods (CBT) within a group therapeutic community setting on a prison wing. It is a 24/7 programme which requires total immersion in the programme over a period of six months
- Through the gate mentoring and support
- Pathways to Change – combining the best of the Kainos Challenge to Change prison programme with rehabilitation in the community from Langley House Trust. Participants take part in a core programme based on CBT, as well as engage in a structured programme which incorporates victim awareness, community enterprise, training and social value projects
Through both programmes, participants:
- Address offending behaviour
- Address associated distorted thinking and anti-social behaviour
- Develop cognitive and pro-social interpersonal skills which helps them to live a more purposeful, pro-social life, both inside prison and in the community
Read more about Challenge to Change.
Read more about Pathways to Change.